Sunday, October 15, 2006

Waffles

Dark chocolate, bananas, strawberries, coconut, and hazelnuts

Strawberries, cherries, dark chocolate, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips

After our exhausting time at the hamam relaxing for hours, we caught the tram and a bus to Bebek (where, using my new Akbil - quick pay thing - I accidentally paid for four people. oops) where we got waffles! No - waffles are not breakfast here. They are any-time snacks that are packed with all kinds of toppings from fresh fruit and sugary nutella-like spreads to yellow and green cherries, pickled somethings, and sprinkles and then folded over and eaten like a taco. The waffles come looking like the ones Mom and Dad make on their heart shaped waffle maker at home - exactly the same! The actually waffle part is definitely not as good as homemade... but I wouldn't mind adopting some Turkish toppings!

2 comments:

Willis said...

yo, I like your blog. I really wish I had gone to pammukale. check my blog out if you want.

Anonymous said...

Hello from down under in New Zealand. I have mentioned your blog @437 on my blog - 21 21 21 Great Blogs To Read - as your blog is worth sharing.

The easiest way to find my blogs to a search on Google.
Key in - Krazy Kelvin
Click - I'm feeling lucky