Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ankara

On the fortress/castle walls overlooking Ankara

Uyum and I on the bus. There are so many pictures of us because that's what we did most of the weekend.

Uyum and her anne (mom), Nüket, at lunch in Old Ankara.

Old stuff and a kitchen

Ankara's newest and biggest mosque. It has a parking garage under it.

One of Uyum's friends read my fortune from my Turkish coffee grounds.

Cool reflection of a mosque outside the küafor where I got my hair cut.

We went up a tower (Atakule) in Ankara and had tea underneath

My Turkish haircutter working hard with his hair-dryer of fury

Another rather large Atatürk poster (I have about... 30 more of these type of pictures)

Atatürk's face on a building size poster for Children's day (April 23). Almost every major building had a picture like this up, and there were more Turkish flags around than I've seen all the time I've been here up to now.

At Anıtkabır

Outside of Atatürks mausoleum, Anıtkabir

Uyum's parents, Sencan and Nüket in their home in Ankara

I went to Ankara, the capital of Turkey, this weekend with my roommate Uyum since that's where she's from.

No comments: