Monday, December 25, 2006

Izmir

Dans etmek çok seviyorum!

Hakan and Özden (his grandmother) at the end of the evening.

Me, Hakan, Nur and Tuncay (Hakan's parents who live in Izmir)

Nur and I getting ready - well - waiting for Tuncay

Hakan and his anne. Hakan went to a men's kuaför, he looked so nice!

Nur and I went to her favorite salon in Izmir to get our hair done for the engagement party of her sister's daughter this evening. It was fun - I could barely talk to my stylist but he laughed at me a lot and spent a really long time curling my hair.

This weekend I drove down to Izmir with Hakan and his Dad, and two people from his work. We left at 6 pm and after some classically hectic and nerve-wracking 90 mph driving we arrived at 2 am in Izmir. The next day, we got up and had a delicious classic Turkish breakfast, did some classic high-end Turkish shopping, went to Starbucks (ha!), went to the salon, got ready for the party and were there by 7. We left around 1 or 1:30 after several courses and lots and lots of dancing and talking (in mostly Turkish - ack hard work!).

No comments: