Sunday, December 03, 2006

Around Istanbul

Outside of Akmarkez at night, an upscale mall near school

Chinatown, Istanbul

Taksim square, the day shopping night clubbing mecca of European Istanbul

I was walking along and this little boy stopped me and gave me a flower from his boquet - so cute!

Tons of jellyfish on the left. On the right, one thing I really don't like about Turkey - the vast amounts of litter, trash, and general pollution.

The first bridge

The walkway along most of the Bosphorus in the rich sections looks like this

The second bridge

Tiles and artwork in a tree

Situational irony

Overlooking the Bosphorus from my neighborhood

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the fourth picture down, are you talking about the kid, or yourself?
Just wondering.
Oh, and contrary to what you may believe, I do check this occasionally . . .

Hope/know that all is completely awesome over there.
-Butko

Anonymous said...

P.S. In case you recieved about 8 copies of the same post, it's 'cuz your little Butko Blocker confused me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah, this is a great/disturbing photo. And a great caption, too.

-Bug